Thursday, June 05, 2008

Class Week One: A Time of Tumult

Whew, finally that ends my first week in class, and it has been quite an enjoyable experience for me in terms of getting my students' attention and interest. Although I must admit that I am still getting used to the instructor title, I am trying my best to adjust to the new position (and keeping myself from releasing my insane student attitude).

I must admit that entering class as an instructor and seeing the students all seated on their respective chairs gives me a different impression of things - you get that nervous feeling that their academic fate lies in your hands and it would be down to you to teach them and make them understand the concepts in class. It's actually a tough responsibility, but I'll live up to it with the help of these young guys (or guys and gals that are just about within my age range. LOL)

My potential drawbacks might come from my approach in teaching which potentially may end up in a fast discussion. I am actually afraid of discussing the topic too fast as I may end up not imparting anything to the students at all. Even more afraid I am of the fact that we seem to end our discussions quite fast! I'm not exactly sure if it really is meant to last that fast but apparently the topic progresses quite fast. I guess that means more time for activities and quizzes! :D

I actually appreciate the attitude that my students reciprocate during class discussion and I'm glad that they're doing their best to learn from such a young instructor as me. Now I know what our instructors had felt during our early student days here in APC, and I'll do my best to impart as much as I know - inside or outside our subject matter - and enlighten my students.

Now I think I have my class philosophy for my classes - to teach without the high bounds that hinder students from opening up to their teachers :D

~Sir Dave~
Once a gamer, always will be a gamer

No comments: