Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Vampiric Chronicles Part Sixteen: Touch and Feel

More inspiration strikes me... *sigh*

In between Tom's sessions with Lady Sandra, the witch permits him to meet his love for several hours, following a brief scheme that she had devised with the ever-ecstatic Paul and her love John. Even the impassive Mark had opted to pitch in the plot as well, and under Tom's nose the vampires and the witch schemed to make his stay more enjoyable and memorable.

One particular evening, however, John had chanced to see Lady Sandra leaning thoughtfully on the balustrades of her chamber's balcony. John had checked in on her since she did not go down for dinner.

"You can stop tip-toeing, John, I know you're there." Sandra replied, her back turned on John as she stared thoughtfully at the night sky. It was a pretty starry evening and there's a slight draft blowing.

"I know. I just thought I could surprise you." John said, putting his hands on Sandra's shoulders, the woman feeling it with her own. "Why didn't you come down for dinner?"

"I didn't feel hungry at the moment. Perhaps I'll just ask the servant to bring some food later tonight."

"Are you thinking of something?"

"Nothing much... I just want to..."

"Want to what?"

"Hold me, John."

John obliged by holding Sandra closer to him, the witch burying her head in his chest once again.

"Oh, John, I wish this would never end..." Sandra said.

"I'm sure Mark wouldn't mind if you stayed." John said, stroking Sandra's hair. "He had always liked company, especially when he found and made me."

"John..."

"Sandra..."

To each of them, the moment seemed to last like an eternity.

No comments: