Monday, October 15, 2007

The Vampiric Chronicles Part Fourteen: A Letter from the Warlocks

A new twist in the plot unfolds! Read on ^_^

A week after Sandra settled herself in the Manor, Mark received a message from the leader of the Dark league of the Warlocks. He settled himself in his armchair and opened the wax-sealed black envelope.

"That bears the seal of the Warlocks." Sandra remarked, as she saw the markings on the front of the envelope. "What could they possibly want?"

"Nothing threatening, I assume." Mark replied, as John's heart skipped several beats. "The leader of the Dark league is a close friend of mine."

Mark took out a black sheet of paper from the envelope. As he smoothed it out on his lap to read, the letters magically shone from the black paper, shimmering silver for all of them to see. It ran thus:

"To my friend Mark,

It has been years since we have last met and still you have not returned the favor you asked of me on our latest meeting. Not to worry, I do not come to collect payments, my friend. I just have one favor to ask of in return.

My son, Tomolaus, is acting weird of late and doesn't seem to practice the Dark Craft as often as we do in the family. Do not be surprised, but I am aware that a witch currently resides in your home. I wish to send my son over for a couple of weeks to stay in your Manor so at least he experiences life with other denizens of the Underworld and at the same time learn from the witch that resides in your Manor.

I hope it is not too much to ask, for you and for the witch.

Sinisterly Yours,

Grand Warlock Marcus"

"Well, will it not trouble you?" Mark asked Sandra.

"I'm sure it won't." Sandra said. "I still fear that my safety outside these walls is threatened, thus I can say that my stay would have to be extended."

"Then it is settled. We shall await the arrival of his son then."

*****

A week passed and a carriage pulled up at the Manor's courtyard. It was a chilly evening and John had placed his coat on Sandra as they waited outside so the witch would not feel cold.

Their hunchback servant opened the carriage doors and a handsome young man wearing black robes went out of the carriage. He carried himself with decency and composure that he could have passed for a nobleman, had it not been for the intricate black tattoo of dark runes printed at the right side of his head, near the forehead and cheek.

"Ah, Tomolaus, such a pleasure to have you as a guest in my home." Mark said, holding up a hand and shaking the young warlock's hand.

"I... uh... thank you." the warlock sputtered, shaking Mark's hand clumsily. "I'd... I'd appreciate being called Tom instead..."

"Right, then, Tom. These are my fellow vampires, John and Paul, and this lovely lady here is Lady Sandra of Rotwood Moor. She has gladly obliged to aid you in your shortcomings as a warlock."

"I... thank you..." Tom said, scratching the back of his head. John shook his.

"Come now, let us have dinner." Mark said.

They all went in the Manor to have something to eat.

Oooh, now you wonder who Tom is? You'll find out soon ^_^

No comments: