Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Vampiric Chronicles Part Fifteen: Lovestruck

Moving on with this unique twist that neither concerned John nor Sandra... *giggles*~

As expected, Tom's stay in the Manor proved interesting for the small group, as Mark's Manor now housed three vampires, a witch, and a warlock. Although the vampire minded in the slightest that his house has started to become a haven for various denizens of the underworld, he still preferred the company of the others.

During Tom's first few days in the Manor, Lady Sandra had been an earnest mentor in teaching the young Warlock the tricks of the Craft, using the skills and knowledge she had learned from her masters and mistresses. Even John, who still kept on abstaining for blood, and Paul, who seemed to have secret abilities that kept him without blood, had taken to listening in at the discussions or even participating as Sandra's test subjects. Day after day Tom's interest in practicing the Craft mounted.

One morning, after one particularly critical experiment that sent both vampire subjects asleep - thanks to the practice of the sleeping spell that Tom overdid, Lady Sandra decided to get to know her student better.

"You seem intelligent and appreciative of the Craft enough." Sandra said curiously. "Why do you still seek to stay at another person's place and study with a witch?"

To her surprise, the young warlock smiled.

"This has all been arranged days back before I came here." Tom said casually. "I practice the Craft away from the eyes of my parents and it is there that I found out that a witch has taken refuge here at my father's friend's Manor. I then pretended to act out of the ordinary so I could be here."

"And pray may I ask what your reason is to do such?"

Tom flushed.

"There is a witch whom I have my heart set on
."

"That would not be me, wouldn't it?"

"N-no, not at all!" Tom said. "No, it is a witch that resides in Brightwood Forests."

Sandra racked her brains. "Ah, of course" she said. "You speak of the eccentric witch, Krystelle."

Tom went redder.

"Oh, but it is not something to be ashamed of. She is a fine young witch, although I have not seen much of her these past few months. She practices the Craft devoutly and always keeps in touch with the other witches."

"I... I think I am in love with her, Mistress Sandra..."

Sandra giggled.

"Well now I know what brought you here to the Manor." Sandra said. "And I'm sure you won't mind if we made it worth the while to come here, will you?"

"Definitely not!" Tom said, smiling. "Thank you!"


The scenes that I narrated actually happened with a friend of mine, during a small gathering we had. *giggles*

No comments: