Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Vampiric Chronicles Part Three: Dilemmas and Perils

O-kaaay, this is starting to turn into fanfiction! XD - I'm having quite a lot of pent-up writing energy stored to keep this continued!

Cold, Troubled, and Confused, John stormed out of the Manor and straight into the woodlands surrounding their abode. It was a chilly evening and the cold winds blew sharply against John, who had not bothered to take a coat on his way out. His mind was flying in a daze of confusion and a mixture of several other emotions that constricted him from thinking properly. Even his usual thirst for blood for that evening was temporarily wiped off his mind.

Desperate for resolution, John traversed a grimy path in the woods that was said to lead to the house of Lady Sandra, an eccentric woman who apparently practices witchcraft and has knowledge on several denizens of the underworld, including vampires like him. The woman's house was just a simple shack in the middle of the woods, but with a touch of odd formality and nobility in its surroundings. John's suspicions on her witchcraft practices were proven though, when he chanced to see a cauldron in boil atop a small fire just beside the front door. Apparently the witch had been concocting.

As he approached to knock, the door opened and out came Lady Sandra, whose appearance was not John had entirely expected of a woman who practices witchcraft. She wore a flowing black dress that clashed perfectly with her shimmering long black hair, and had her nails tinted black, even her lips.

"Yes, vampire?" Sandra asked stiffly, with an air of a noble woman. "What brings you in my residence at this time of the night? If you plan to take a bite out of me I assure you it won't be pleasant."

"No, I mean you no harm." John said. "I come here to ask you a question."

Sandra proceeded to her boiling concoction and gave it a stir, then added several powdery ingredients. Then she motioned him to a stump that she uses as a chair, and they both sat down.

"Pray tell, vampire." Sandra said. "Pay heed, however, I do not take kindly to certain queries."

"I... I do not know if this is a problem of mine or if it is even normal for a vampire... but strangely I have had several strong urges of wanting to take a bite at my maker and drink his blood... does one find that normal for a vampire?"

The witch gave one stir of her cauldron before returning her gaze to John.

"When a vampire inflicts a pure-blood with the tainted blood that it has possessed and passed down from generation to generation, it is nothing but natural for you to hunger for blood... even if it were your maker's blood or any other living being's blood."

"Then... this hunger I have... it is normal?"

"He permits it, does he not? I presume he has offered you to bite him."

"Y-yes... but I just can't seem to do it..."

"Respect." Sandra said stiffly. "When you are a denizen of the underworld or a being tainted with darkness, respect is exceptionally uncommon to find. Perhaps if you tried being a little open at your thoughts and understand your maker's behavior, you will be enlightened to accept his offer."

"I... I understand... thank you."

With that John departed.

Getting darker and darker LOL. This is the first time I wrote about this theme XD

No comments: