Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Moving forward

It has been quite a VERY long time since I had made a post on this blog - and I don't exactly do it for the sake of my students to say that I have not been updating my blog or keeping my online selves up to date with what's happening around, but I guess I was just too occupied with certain matters before that I have failed to regularly check on my little hideaway - now wait, did I just say students?

I must admit that since the last entry I have made, a ton of stuff had happened in my life - some happy, some memorable, although there were some that didn't exactly proceed well, and still there are some that might have left permanent scars in my life - not just my heart, but perhaps my soul as well. But I shan't go deep into the details. It's best I leave things that way, for sake of a lot of things.

I had recently taken on the challenging role of three jobs all at the same time - recently-regularized Web Designer for Affiliated Computer Services; returning and maintaining developer of the Permitting, Monitoring, and Enforcement System [Inspection] for the Laguna Lake Development Authority; and paying back to my Alma Mater as an Asia Pacific College IT Instructor. Now there goes another - did I just say Alma Mater this time?

The horror of not updating a blog, goodness knows. I graduated this past month twice - once at my Alma Mater, Asia Pacific College, and another at my benefactor, SM Foundation. Both had been quite memorable experiences in my life as a student who has gone through the last steps of education, ready to face what's ahead in the real world. And I've long learned the insight that it's not on the measure of your intelligence or degree earned but more of how you will apply your skills to take on what's ahead. Modesty aside, I may be Magna Cum Laude but I don't wield it around as it's just a title bestowed for my academic performance.

Right now I'm happily teaching my students most of the stuff I had gained from my IT education as an SSE, despite the fact that two of my classes aren't exactly IT in nature and only one other class is oriented towards IT (and to think I am handling their first programming course!). I had sworn to myself before that if ever I am to become an instructor and wield a position of power and influence to my students, I'd do my best to make them enjoy the class instead of feel bored to it - not like many instructors I had known during my student days that did not exactly live up to our desirability standards.

I hope to make their classes enjoyable, though; the past few days seems like a state of limbo and purgatory for I can't seem to get through their 'stiffness'. Although I did succeed in breaking apart one of my classes's defenses and get them to our level before, I guess it will take some more time and getting used to before I can see the true colors of my students. Hey, can it get any worse than ours? We were a rowdy bunch during our time, ya know!

Anyway, that marks my first post in months. I hope to follow it with more as I light up yet another trail in my life and follow my students in their first steps towards their College lives.

~Sir DaveTNova~
Once a gamer, always will be a gamer

No comments: