Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Vampiric Chronicles Part Seven: Cupid descends to the Underworld

Continuing John's romantic turn of events, I now commend to your attention, the seventh chronicle... haay even I tingle while writing this... *giggles*

John closed the doors of the manor and leaned against it, closing his eyes and breathing a soft sigh. He crumpled to a sitting position on the floor, his knees drawn up to his chest, his arms wrapped around them, his head resting on them. Apparently the intensity of the emotion and the mad impulse he had released had intoxicated him in a torrent of euphoria that no vampire could possibly experience, not even with a feast of blood on an entire town.

His mind was racing, his heart leaping, his entire body flying with inexplicable emotions. Never has he felt something like this before. As memories of the past continued to flash back at his mind, he has never had the bravery of what he has done in the past few days - to any woman.

He breathed another sigh, closed his eyes, and smiled, relishing the brief moment of euphoria minutes ago. The feeling was enough to make him human once again, and mysteriously enough, as he felt his fangs, they were not there. Even his usual heightened senses with blood seemed to have abated.

Just then the door opened, causing him to snap out of his daze. It was Mark.

"Now what are you doing there, John?" Mark said, shocked as the door forced John back on his feet. "Are you sure you're not sick or something?"

"Oh, no, not at all." John said, brushing dust off his clothes and forcing his face to return to normal. It was then that he realized that he had been blushing for the whole moment. "I... I was just thinking."

"Lady Sandra had been here, hadn't she?"

"W-well, yes she has. She paid me a visit."

"A visit, eh? Well I suppose you are not really that badly sick, are you?" Mark asked, looking at John concernedly. "You've missed several raids and you're taking in lesser blood than what you are supposed to. Do you seriously want to be driven mad?"

Oh yes I do, John replied to himself. In fact, I am already driven mad... but not of what you think...

"John?"

"Huh? Oh, n-no, not at all." John said, his attention refocusing on Mark. "I... I just figured the witch might know why I'm not hungering for blood lately."

"I see. Or maybe perhaps my blood can re-awaken your senses?"

The tease had returned again on Mark's manners, smiling deviously at his friend. John, however, smiled back.

"I've said it too many times, my friend - I've got a lot of respect for you, being my friend and companion and kin. Perhaps in due time I'll be fine."

Still in a daze, John went up to his chambers and collapsed on the bed. He grabbed a pillow and hugged it like a child, the memories returning and flooding his mind. Finally, cupid had won over him and even in the dark denizens of the underworld, he still has room to fire his arrows at.

I wonder what'll happen next? *smiles*

No comments: