Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Vampiric Chronicles Part Twelve: Return to the Woods

Well finally my eyes are white, and at least I can see without feeling prickly or warmed, irritated. Here's Chronicle 12 for grabs! XD

It took the Vampire Paul's best efforts, tricks, and techniques to keep the lovesick Vampire in his chambers to obtain rest, for during the past three days after Lady Sandra's visit John had been trying every single Vampiric ability he learned from Mark to worm his way out of the house. John had tried turning to a bat and flying out the window - by which he got caught by Paul, who was perched on the rooftiles above John's bedroom window; he had tried ailing for bloodlust, which Paul was too keen not to believe, for he knew John wasn't showing signs of every vampire's most feared condition; he had even tried threatening to open the bedroom windows in the morning but Paul shielded the entire window from the sun's glare every morning by having imps build an extending roof to block off the sun's rays.

In addition to that, Mark had called for a friend doctor, Doctor Felix, from a neighboring town to regularly check up on him. The doctor, being a common practitioner of medicine by day and a full-fledged werewolf by night, had been hounding on his condition by coming in his werewolf form (since the moon was still at its fullest) dressed in a starched white doctor's coat. Apparently Paul had divulged to Doctor Felix, and now the good doctor keeps on teasing him whilst he prepared John's usual eye drops.

Thus when John's illness cleared up completely the vampire dashed out of the Manor that evening, running off as fast as his feet can carry him without even bothering to change into a bat. For the past few days he was desperate - desperate to have her in his arms, to see her again, to hear her voice, even just to feel her aura mingling with his. Paul had been an earnest attendant to his illness, but his methods of keeping him in his room were most maddening.

When he reached the archway of dead trees leading deep into Rotwood Moor, John was filled with an intoxicating blaze of euphoria and desperation, rushing off towards the dark, spooky woods and reaching the familiar outer yard of Lady Sandra's shack in almost a split second. Still in a state of desperation, he pounded on the doors like a dog seeking for its old master.

Sandra answered the door almost immediately, and the two instinctively converged into a tight hug under the doorway, as if sure of who was on the other side.

"Sandra, I... I missed you... the past week had been tormenting to me... you don't know how hard it was, I..." John started to explain, but a touch of his lips by Sandra's index finger silenced him as the witch smiled.

"I know how, John. I felt the same way as you have..." Sandra said, burying herself in John's chest, the vampire stroking her elegant dark hair.

"I'm sorry, but my sickness, I... I could've wanted to, but I..."

"There's no need to explain..." Sandra said softly, silencing John again. "I know you would've done everything to see me even in those times, but of course your friends were quite concerned about your health, and I am too."

"Sandra... thank you!"

John held Sandra tighter, his heart almost swelling to double its original size in the happiness flooding him.

I wish she's free for the Weekend meets~

No comments: