Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Sky is Falling!

Heh, you may have heard of that line from Disney's "Chicken Little" but in my experience just yesterday it was defined for me in an all new light :D.

This is how things happened...

I had just returned with my mother last night from her school, having stayed there for most of the afternoon. Well, naturally my first initiative was to change my clothes. I went upstairs and found our hanging line (the place where we hang our clothes, which stretched above my bed and was tied to a nail on the wall where my bed leaned and the other end on a metal railing high above the door leading to our balcony) laden with clothes hanging to be dried.

So I sifted through the drying clothes and attempted to take out some shorts. Then...

CREAK..

I instantly looked up at the other end of the hanging line, high above the door leading to the balcony, and to my horror the metal railing has somehow broken loose, now delicately hanging on to a single nail and threatening to fall off. Whatever force of nature made me stare at it for a pretty long time when...

CRASH!

I screamed in pain as the overhung hanging line totally gave way and carried the metal railing with it! The impact was so strong that the metal railings smashed on my head and apparently it carried the glass panel behind it through the wooden frame behind the railings. So CRASH it went and I ended up with a knocked up head, a bitten tongue, and a cut on my arm... not exactly amusing to welcome me, but it ended up with a new destruction to the nearly 30-year old house. Naturally the entire family heard the commotion and thankfully everything was fixed off.

If Chicken Little called it as the Sky Falling, maybe I ought to give it a different Falling term. Haha!

No comments: