Thursday, September 13, 2007

To Live in a Real Perfect World...

Let's face it: I'm a guy dwelling deep in the fantasy realms than in the reality that I move into. I don't know why I am born with this affliction, but I feel much at home when I sit back and imagine stuff that I wished I was able to do - cast magic, explore dungeons, destroy monsters, fantasy stuff like those. That's one factor that pulled me into the realm of video gaming since the ability to role-play a character (from the epics of Final Fantasy to simple adventures like Mario and the other fantasy games) brings me even at least inches closer to a world that I wished I would have existed instead (although I do not regret being me, don't get me wrong, hahaha).

Currently the game that has me tied, bound, and trussed up, is, as we all know, Perfect World! I won't highlight anymore why I got engrossed in this new MMORPG, you know the idea; I'm hooked into it!

Sometimes I went in my subconscious ramblings as to imagine myself in the shoes of my avatar, DaveTNova. He's a Fashi, you see, and a magic user at heart, bringing me even closer to the aspect of living a real fantasy world where magic and steel run free and clash among each other. Sometimes I even wonder - what if it really happened, what if, through a hitherto seemingly-impossible series of events, the world of Pangu suddenly replaced our Earth, and everyone ingame would have themselves turned into living, breathing Path-seekers?

If that were to happen to me, I'd definitely know what to do: live through the experience as best as I can. I'd go out on dungeon explorations personally (with my guildmates or partymates) and relish the thrill of being in the dungeon myself (since it must of course not be the same feeling as controlling your character from behind a screen while it does the fighting for you!). I'd live the life of an explorer, a life I've never enjoyed with my current lifestyle, and go to the far reaches of Pangu's Perfect World with my flying sword. Oh, the limitless bounds we can all go!

But of course, even with these things happening, I won't set aside the fact that I am still human at heart and I'd of course retain the compassion I have for other people, friends or not. Being in the game itself would be a different scenario now and it won't just be about grinding or powerleveling anymore (I wonder how one can track levels when he himself is on the game! XD), but on building up on the world's story, how your character can make that difference.

I know it's too much to ask for Existence to happen, but hey, there's always the power of imagination to help us reach those impassable terrain. And there's still the computer to aid us in building up our imagination!

Posted as the second-to-the-last entry for GM Tristan's Group Writing Contest, we're almost closing in on the moment of truth! Hope everyone enjoyed reading!

No comments: